A supervised visitation program
of East Texas CASA
GTS provides a safe, neutral and friendly surrounding that encourages positive and comfortable interaction between non-custodial parents and children. The goal of GTS is to aid families in working together to provide a happy and hopeful environment for their children.
Visits are done in a daycare facility and are closely monitored by trained staff. If necessary, the monitor will intervene for the safety of the child(ren). Security is on the premises at all times. the center is equipped with toys and games to promote interaction and fun activities for families. Visitation is held two Saturdays a month. Dates and times will be determined by GTS. Once the schedule is set, it will remain the same each visit.
GTS is here to protect the best interests of the children whose parents have a custody or visitation matter within the family courts. Sometimes, based on issues of protection and safety, a judge will decide that in order for a child to have contact with a parent, a neutral third person must be present during any visitation.
How the process works:
- Custodial and non-custodial parents must have a court order;
- Each client must call GTS to schedule an intake interview separately;
- Upon completion of both interviews, the visits will be scheduled by the Program Director;
- Visits will continue until such time as ordered by the courts or one or both parties fail to attend;
- Each client will receive detailed rules and procedures of the program during the intake interview.
Each client is expected to pay the following fees unless one client is ordered to pay all visitation fees.
$25 intake fee – due at payable at intake interview
$20 per client for each scheduled visit
GTS is a member of the Supervised Visitation Network.
For more information, contact Rowena Oswald at (903) 235-6928 or by email at Rowena@easttexascasa.org